Web 2.0 Tools
- goanimate.com make your own cartoons, enlivened alternative, with real self voice, create sound effects, develop content
- xtranormal.com similar to goanimate. make a movie from typed (copy/paste info as "script") story, with computerized voice. go to xtranormal for education page. tutorials for teachers and students (cannot import)
- prezi.com option of being part of the teaching community (gives a cheaper access to extras and storage) avoids the issue with the student with the best ninja powerpoint skills from controlling the "collabortion"
- screenr.com - screencasts, flipped classrooms - but make sure to frame out the time and date - let's not model procrastination jing, camtasia are step ups for longer screen casts... or screenflow [remember....no need to recreate the video, prezi, etc...and examples of affordable hardware eg. wacom bamboo 100$; response to reality check re: computer access, student buy-in...remember - technology doesn't replace the teacher - it makes the teacher more valuable!]
- powtoon.com - presentoon, made easily by drag and drop
- glogster.com - interactive posters, interactive with video